About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
My name is McLean Smith and I am an observer of life. I like to create music, capture experiences, and refine expression through my observations. To me, music is a feeling. It is something that captivates one in the moment and releases reactions unknown. It is something I wish to create for the rest of my life. It is something I hope to share with the world.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dear Friend Post Re: Ethnographic Paper

Dear Dad,

I'm writing an ethnographic paper about Belmont Songwriters for my Third-Year Writing class. In my paper, I will try to concentrate on the songwriting process, writer's block, and the ways in which songwriters connect with their audiences. I have already interviewed several songwriters at Belmont and have made several attempts at songwriting to gain further insight into the songwriting culture.

I think I have finally found something that challenges me mentally and yields tremendous satisfaction. I hope you can support my endeavors while I tread in uncertain waters.

I love you and I always will.

Your Son,
McLean

1 comment: