About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
My name is McLean Smith and I am an observer of life. I like to create music, capture experiences, and refine expression through my observations. To me, music is a feeling. It is something that captivates one in the moment and releases reactions unknown. It is something I wish to create for the rest of my life. It is something I hope to share with the world.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Voice in Text: The Aeneid

http://employees.oneonta.edu/farberas/arth/ARTH209/vergil_excerpt.html

In the Aeneid, Virgil uses voicing to develop credibility and create connections with his readers.

By using a third-person omniscient point of view, Virgil establishes credibility because of his knowledge of characters' dialogue, thoughts, and sentiments.

In some instances, Virgil uses a first-person point of view which enables readers to be in the midst of the action. This point of view transports readers into the scene where they are consumed by epic battles and illustrative settings.

Additionally, Virgil embeds historical elements of Greco-Roman society throughout the Aeneid. Virgil's usage of temporal and cultural ideas demonstrates his work's assimilation of Greco-Roman culture and qualifies the circumstances surrounding his tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment