About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
My name is McLean Smith and I am an observer of life. I like to create music, capture experiences, and refine expression through my observations. To me, music is a feeling. It is something that captivates one in the moment and releases reactions unknown. It is something I wish to create for the rest of my life. It is something I hope to share with the world.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How do you have to think in college?

From my experiences, high school tends to emphasize the quantitative aspects of education. While these aspects develop one's ability to process material at a literal level, one has to learn to analyze the qualitative aspects of education to succeed in college. The superficiality of life fails to account for the elements that indirectly influence the world.

After two years of collegiate education, I have learned to examine materials for their substance and style. Thus, I believe that college attempts to teach one to look beyond the literal because reflection and analysis produce worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment